- 1 kg. pork leg
- 4 pcs. star anise
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- oyster sauce
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine
- 1 tsp. peppercorn
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 5 pcs. bok choy
- 8 pcs. dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in water
1. Place pata in a casserole, add water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, pepper corns; and bring to a boil.
2. Add the star anise and sesame oil. Simmer for an hour, or until pork is tender.
3. Mix constarch in ¼ cup cold water, and add to the pot. continue to let it simmer until sauce thickens.
4. Blanch the bok choy in boiling water seasoned with salt.
5. To serve, take out the pata and place them in the middle of a serving dish, place by blanched bok choy around and pour the sauce over the pata and vegetables.