- 1 kg. pork leg
- 4 pcs. star anise
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- oyster sauce
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine
- 1 tsp. peppercorn
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 5 pcs. bok choy
- 8 pcs. dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in water
- Place pata in a casserole, add water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, pepper corns; and bring to a boil.
- Add the star anise and sesame oil. Simmer for an hour, or until pork is tender.
- Mix constarch in ¼ cup cold water, and add to the pot. continue to let it simmer until sauce thickens.
- Blanch the bok choy in boiling water seasoned with salt.
- To serve, take out the pata and place them in the middle of a serving dish, place by blanched bok choy around and pour the sauce over the pata and vegetables.