- 1 ½ inch thick beef steak
- 2 – 3 bell peppers
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ½ hot pepper
- 2 -3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic
- ½ lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp red wine
- 1 bouillon cube
- Salt or soy sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- Slice uncooked steak into thin slice across the grain then prepare vegetables: core and slice peppers, peel onions and thinly slice, peel garlic, then clean mushroom and slice.
- Melt butter in oil then add onions and sauté over medium high heat.
- Add whole garlic cloves and sliced peppers then mash into oil.
- Brown steak and add mushrooms then add whine, flour, and bouillon.
- Season to taste with salt or soy sauce, pepper and hot pepper, to taste.
- Serve as is, or over rice or chow men noodles, or in sub sandwiches topped with caramelized onions. Season with soy sauce, if desired.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More