- 1 dozen balut (duck embryo), boiled and unpeeled
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 tsps. Rock salt
- 1red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 thumb – size ginger, julienned
- To prepare the pickling solution: Boil together the vinegar, sugar and salt and pour into a sterilized jar.
- Peel the boiled balut and place inside the jar. Garnish with red bell pepper, carrots and ginger. Allow to ferment for 2 days.
- Serve as an appetizer if desired.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More