- 1 lb. medium shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sautéed shrimp paste plus 1 teaspoon to flavor shrimps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb- size ginger, crushed
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 Chinese or Japanese eggplant, sliced into the diagonal (1-inch thick)
- 1 fresh bittermelon, halved, deseeded and sliced into the diagonal (1-inch thick)
- 1 lb. banana squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- ½ lb. fresh okra
- ½ lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- salt to taste
- Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté shrimps for 2 minutes or until it turned pink. Stir in 1 teaspoon shrimp paste. Transfer cooked shrimps to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add garlic and ginger; sauté for 1 minute. Add shrimp paste, stir for 20 seconds. Add squash and water; cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir the mixture occasionally.
- Add cooked shrimps and tomato; gently stir and correct seasonings.
- Transfer into a serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More