Who can resist such tasty fried liempo? Do not let those restaurants tempt you with their expensive dish. TRy this pinaglatob na liempo recipe and surely you can tempt your family to join you in your cravings for such goodness.
Liempo is grilled pork belly marinated in a mixture of ingredients, served with a dipping sauce. This recipe is one of the most served dish among celebrations. Its savory taste entice visitors to put some more on their plates. In this recipe here, our liempo is marinated in herbs. Yes, tasty, fresh herbs! Going healthy, huh? Ginger, garlic, leeks, bay leaves, salt and pepper are used. No need for those softdrinks and sauce marinade, right? Instead of just waiting for the ingredients to seep into the meat, we will boil the meat in its marinade. Drying will follow and then frying? For sure, you’ll end up with a crispy liempo. How about our sauce? No other than patis! That’s fish sauce. Kinda different? Yeah. So try it now and taste the difference. Enjoy!
- 2 kls. For liempo
- 1 thumb- size ginger
- 1 head garlic
- 2 stalks leeks
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce ( patis )
- Cooking oil, for the deep – frying
- Water for boiling
- Place the pork liempo in a pot. Fill with water. Add the ginger, garlic, leeks, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Allow to boil until the liempo becomes soft.
- Hang the pork liempo to dry.
- When dry, deep- fry in cooking oil until crisp.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Chop into smaller pieces before serving.