There’s nothing like a quick and easy stir-fry to put a hassle-free meal on your table without compromising taste or quality. Stir fry recipes are great because they take only a few minutes to cook and assemble, so even if you’re pretty tired from a long day out, you’re still going to get to enjoy a delicious plateful of food. This pineapple beef version makes great use of the rich and savory taste of thin strips of beef flank—lean yet packed with protein, which is perfect for those watching their weight. Not only is pineapple great for your health thanks to its antioxidants and phytochemicals, its sweet-sour flavor is a perfect contrast to the salty steak sauce in this recipe. Remember to leave the pineapple undrained, as its juices will add to the sauce in this recipe and keep the meat moist. It’s amazing over hot rice, and is perfect comfort food for any day.
Pineapple Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 tbsp beef flank steak, cut across the grain into thin strips
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup steak sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid then set aside.
- Add steak and cook and stir for 5 minutes then add pineapple, onions, and garlic.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Mix reserved pineapple liquid, water, and cornstarch until well blended then add to steak mixture.
- cook for a minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in steak sauce then serve over rive.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More