- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 head garlic, minced
1 tbsp. achuete, mixed with water and color extracted
2 tbsps. Patis
2 cups chicken broth
4 tbsp. rice flour ( about ¼ cup ground rice )
Cooking oil, for frying chicken vegetables like sitaw and pechay ( optional )
- Brown the rice flour in a pan and set aside.
- In another pan, brown the chicken pieces in hot oil and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté the garlic and add the chicken pieces.
- Season with patis before adding the chicken broth.
- Add the achuete extract.
- Allow to boil until done.
- Note: Vegetables like sitaw ( sting beans ) and pechay may be added if desired.
Please download the recipe here
Collection of the best Filipino Recipes