- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. achuete, mixed with water and color extracted
- 2 tbsps. Patis
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tbsp. rice flour ( about ¼ cup ground rice )
- Cooking oil, for frying chicken vegetables like sitaw and pechay ( optional )
- Brown the rice flour in a pan and set aside.
- In another pan, brown the chicken pieces in hot oil and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté the garlic and add the chicken pieces.
- Season with patis before adding the chicken broth.
- Add the achuete extract.
- Allow to boil until done.
- Note: Vegetables like sitaw ( sting beans ) and pechay may be added if desired.
Please download the recipe here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....