- 6 fresh ripe tomatoes
- 2 green chili
- 1 onion
- 1tsp garlic paste
- 1tsp ginger paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Pinch of white pepper
- Sprig of Thyme and Parsley
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add the chopped onions, green chili and thyme.
- Fry till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and season generously.
- Simmer till tomatoes are well cooked and reduced. About 10 minutes.
- Use the back of your spatula to crush the tomatoes.
- Push the tomatoes to sort of make 4 little holes to hold the eggs in when you break the eggs. Season the eggs with salt and white pepper
- Cover with a tight lid and simmer on low heat for another 5-7 minutes.
- Take off the heat and garnish with more thyme and parsley.
- Eat with bread or rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More