The simplest in the long-list of tomato-based Filipino dishes, afritada is a food staple in about any occasion there is – home parties, buffet dinners, fiestas, lunch or dinner at home, and so on. And why shouldn’t it be? It’s a very delicious labor of love that can be shared with friends and family. You have to get out of your way a little bit this time to get all of these ingredients, and have the dish cooking for some time. However, it would always pay off in the end because you would have a very tasty, savory, afritada that is sure to make everyone’s mouths water. Head on to the recipe or video and start cooking!
Pork Afritada Recipe
- 1½ lbs. pork, chopped
- 1 big carrot, cut into wedges
- 1 big potato, cut into wedges
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves (laurel)
- 1 cup beef or pork broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and sauté until the outer parts are cooked. (Approximately 5 minutes)
- Add the water, tomato sauce, beef broth & bay leaves. Stir and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pork is tender. Add more water if needed.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Stir and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Pork Afritada!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More