- 1 kg. pork
- 20 bamboo skewers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of calamansi juice or lemon juice
- ½ cup of 7up, sprite or beer (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
- ½ cup of banana or tomato catsup
- Cut pork meat into thin and long slices – ¼ inches thick and less than 2 inches wide.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the cut pork with the soy sauce, minced garlic, chopped onions, calamansi juice, ground pepper, sugar, banana catsup and the soda or beer (this tenderizes and adds flavour to the pork barbeque)
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (turning occasionally).
- Prepare the bamboo skewers by removing splinters and soaking in water to reduce burning during barbeque.
- String the pork on the skewers.
- Over live charcoals, barbeque the pork on skewers until each barbeque is cooked – turning every few minutes on each side and basting the leftover marinate on the barbeque.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More