- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 3.5 lb Pork butt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 44 fl ounces Scotch Ale Beer
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Rinse and pat dry pork. Rub generously with dry rub.
- In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil until very hot. Sear all sides of the meat, until evenly browned (roughly 10-15 minutes).
- Pour the beer over the meat, add the minced garlic and cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook for 2½ – 3 hours, turning the meat over periodically. Cook until meat is tender and falling apart.
- Remove meat and let rest on a cutting board for roughly 3-5 minutes. Shred using two forks. Return pork to the braising liquid and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the dutch oven and discard the liquid.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More