For the Cake:
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sour cream
For the Streusel:
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold, cut into small chunks
For the Maple Caramel Sauce:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Make sure the rack is in the middle of the oven. Prepare a 9″ springform pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl until evenly combined.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar in a separate bowl until completely combined. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time. Then add in the pumpkin puree and sour cream. Beat slowly until the ingredients are just combined. Pour in the flour and fold in with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the batter is even, smooth, and thick. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the streusel. Add the pieces of butter, and use 2 knives to cut the butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs (about the size of peas) form. Using 2 knives or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- Pour about half of the cake batter into your springform pan. Sprinkle with about a quarter of the streusel. Then pour over the remaining cake batter and smooth it out slightly with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Top it with the remaining streusel.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in a pan on a cooling rack for 15 mins, then remove from pan and finish cooling on the rack.
- As the cake cools, make the Maple Caramel.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and the salt.
- Cook and stir the mixture until the sugar completely dissolves. Then turn the heat down to medium and boil for 2 more minutes. Add the maple syrup and the mixture once again come to a boil. Stir frequently until sauce has thickened and coats a spoon, about 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and cool, and then spoon over slices of cake.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More