- 1 Kilogram malagkit (glutinous) rice, mixed with
- 125 grams ordinary rice
- 1 pc mature coconut, shredded
- butter or margarine
- violet food coloring
- banana leaves
- Soak malagkit and ordinary rice mixture in salted water with violet food coloring for 1 hour.
- Let dry overnight by putting inside a flour sack.
- Put something heavy on top to squeeze out water.
- Mixture is ready for cooking the following morning.
- Heat steamer (lansungan) with enough water.
- Put a small amount of rice mixture inside bamboo tubes(bumbong).
- Attached bamboo tubes to lansungan or steamer.
- When steam comes out of bamboo tubes, remove and immediately push out puto bumbong.
- Top with coconut shred and sugar before serving.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More