Classic steamed rice cake, or everyone knows and loves as puto, is one of those Filipino classics that you should put in your cooking arsenal. Not only is it timeless, puto is also a favorite of many for occasions that span a very wide variety. You see on party tables, merienda times and most any other Pinoy occasions. So what are you waiting for? Head on to the recipe below to learn the power of rice, steaming and all other important ingredients on how to craft this tasty kakanin.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooked rice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Oil for brushing pans
- Cheese, sliced into small pieces (optional)
- Wash rice and soak in water for at least 5 hours; add the cooked rice.
- Pour the soaked rice in the blender and add some water used for soaking until it reaches the level of the rice. Blend for 1 1/2 minutes only.
- Pour into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients; mix until smooth. Strain mixture into another bowl.
- Brush muffin pans with oil then pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin well. Place muffin pan in a steamer and steam over high heat for about 15 minutes. Make sure that you don’t open the steamer during the cooking process.
Source : Home Cooking & Baking
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More