- 1/3-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries
- 1 cup crumbled shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or almonds, toasted
- Ice cream (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a large saucepan, sprinkle cornstarch mixture over cherries; stir to combine. Cook and stir over medium heat about 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, thoroughly combine crumbled cookies, butter, and nuts
- Divide cherry mixture among four dessert dishes. Sprinkle cookie mixture over cherry mixture. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More