For the Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- about 1/3 cup water
For the Peanut Butter Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- cooked rice
- Stir peanut butter, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, sriracha, garlic and ginger together in a small bowl. Stir in water, a bit at a time, until sauce is smooth and runny, but not overly watery.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with sesame oil and place over medium heat. When oil is hot, add tofu cubes in an even layer. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes, flipping once or twice, until browned on multiple sides. Remove from skillet and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add vegetable oil to wok and raise heat to high. When oil is hot, add snow peas, carrots and bell pepper. Stir-fry until the veggies are tender-crisp and have deepened a bit in color, about 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Return tofu to skillet, and add peanut sauce, scallions and peanuts. Flip few times until all ingredients are coated with sauce. Remove from heat.
- Divide rice onto plates or into bowls and top with stir-fry. Serve.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More