Ah, cheesecake – one of life’s heavenly guilty pleasures. The creamy, smooth and rich goodness leaves you longing for just another bite. But here’s the downside: surely, you need to have countless baking skills and tools in check to make this delectable treat, right? Not anymore, you don’t! All you will be needing is a rice cooker. Yes, you read that right. Have this in hand and all the baking essentials listed below and yes, you will be able to whip up your very own cheesecake. Who says you need an oven and a chef’s hat to craft a creamy, mouth-watering treat in your kitchen? Time to prove them wrong. Just follow this easy recipe and share this wonderful treat with friends and family.
Cheesecakes are one the most delicious cake of all time. However, one must have an oven to bake one. What if you only have a rice cooker, will you still be able to cook one? We’ll see, just follow these instructions!
- 200 grams of softened cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 80 grams of sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 200 ml of whole milk or heavy cream
- 40 grams of cake flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, sugar and lemon juice until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the milk and flour a little bit at a time. Mix well and try to break apart the larger lumps.
- For a smooth texture, sieve the cheesecake batter. Scrape the bottom of the sieve to push any lumps through.
- Pour the batter into the rice cooker bowl. Cook the cheesecake for one white rice cycle.
- Test the cheesecake for doneness by sticking a toothpick through the center. If it comes out clean, it’s done. If it doesn’t come out clean, keep the rice cooker on warm setting until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Remove the rice cooker bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake has set at room temperature, place a piece of parchment paper on top of the cheesecake and chill the refrigerator to firm up.
- To remove from rice cooker bowl, using a small plate or your hand as a guide and carefully flip the cheesecake over and out.
- Slice up and serve with your favorite toppings like chocolate sauce or fresh fruit or both.
SOURCE: MAKE FOOD. EAT FOOD.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More