- 11/2 lb salmon cut into 4 pieces, skin and bones removed
- 1 small sized onion, minced
- 1 small sized red bell pepper, diced ¼ inch thick
- 4 medium cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp = ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 15-oz can black beans, drained
- 11/2 tbsp red chili powder
- about 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce, outer leaves discarded
- 1 medium avocado, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season salmon with a little salt and pepper, Set aside while you chop and sauté vegetables.
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet.
When broth begins to steam add onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté on medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add ½ cup broth, drained beans and red chili powder. Cook for another 10 minutes. * Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While beans are cooling, preheat broiler. Place a stainless steel or cast iron skillet large enough for holding the salmon under the heat to get it hot. This takes about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together cilantro, mint basil, lemon juice, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper,
- Place salmon in the hot pan and return to broiler about 5 inches from the heat source for best results. Broil salmon for about 7 minutes for medium doneness, Serve salmon, beans lettuce and avocado together on a plate. Top salmon and lettuce with cilantro.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More