- 1 large fish (lapu-lapu or apahap). And scales removed
- 4 tomatoes, chopped finely
- ½ cup bread crumbs or cornstarch oil for deep frying.
- 3 tbsp. patis
- 1 tsp. Vetsin
- 1 tbsp. calamansi juice
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped spring onions
- Prepare marinade by combining patis, calamansi juice. Pepper and minced garlic.
- Marinate fish for at least 4 hours. Drain., Set aside marinade for later use.
- Roll fish in bread crumbs or cornstarch.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Saute garlic ( drained from patis mixture), onion and tomatoes.
- Add marinade and cook until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Place fried fish in serving dish, then pour sauce on top.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onions.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More