- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped white
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 300 g bacon or baked ham, trimmed and diced
- 300 g hot smoked sausage, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp chicken powder seasoning
- 12 pcs loaf bread ( 1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup quickmelt cheese
- ½ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. melted, unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 3-quart (9 by 13-inch) baking dish with 1 tbsp. of the butter and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 tsps. of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, green and red bell peppers, ¼ tsp. of the salt, and 1/8 tsp. of the pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the parsley, stir, and remove from the heat. Let cool.
- In a medium skillet, melt the remaining 1 tsp. butter over
medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add the
sausage to the skillet and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk, cream, 1 tsp. of
the Essence, remaining ½ tsp. salt, and remaining 1/8 tsp. pepper and whisk to combine. Add the bread cubes and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the cooked
bacon and sausage, the onion mixture, and the Quickmelt
cheese and stir to incorporate the ingredients. Pour into the prepared dish, cover
with aluminum foil, and bake until almost completely set, 50 to 55 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, melted butter, and remaining ½ tsp. Essence. Uncover the pudding and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the top. Return to the oven, increase the heat to 375°F and bake until the pudding is completely set in the center, puffed, and golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More