- 1½-2 cups cooked sushi rice with vinegar and sugar
- Tomato catsup
- 3 eggs
- Cheese singles
- Nori sheet for the face
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- blanched broccoli
- fried chicken nuggets the shape of stars and moon ( optional)
- Tamagoyaki pan for the pillow and blanket
- Frying pan
- Scissors for cutting
- 1 pc biggest straw ever (used in pearl shakes)
- Cling wrap
- A pair of chopsticks I could use in making the pillow and blanket
- Bowls for the beaten eggs
- Catsup in plastic squeeze bottle
for Kimchi Rice:
- 2 cups left-over cooked rice
- a little oil
- minced garlic
- minced onion
- some deboned chicken meat pieces
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or to taste
- ¼ tsp. sesame oil
- Ham slices – cut in bite sizes
- ½-1 cup drained sliced kimchi
- diced carrots
- cooked peas
- ¼ sliced button mushrooms
- 3 dashes black pepper
- Spring onions
- 6-7 eggs for omelet
- Mix a little amount of tomato catsup in your cooked sushi rice to get the desired color you want for your bear.
- With considerable size of cling wrap on your right palm, scoop ½ cupful of cooked rice and try to mold a rounded ball like the shape of a teddy bear’s head. Upon achieving the shape of the head, twist the cling wrap tightly to make the shape firm. Then, followed by the shape of the ears using the same method. Next is the arm. Then make an oblong shaped for the body.
- With a piece of cheese (singles), cut 2 circles using the end of a straw (preferably the biggest size, the one used in pearl shakes. Make 3. We will use them for the ears and snout of the bear.
- Using a nori sheet, make the eyes. You could cut 2 tiny rectangular shaped strips so the bear could appear with his eyes closed. Then the nose or parts of its snout.
- Mayonnaise is used as paste.
Making the blanket and pillow:
- Make 2 rectangular shaped omelette using tamagoyaki pan. To appear as if it’s a pillow, fill in some of your omurice inside and gently fold the fried egg omelette. Or you could create 2 layer tamagoyaki instead.
- Saute garlic and onions in a little oil. When translucent and caramelized, add kimchi. Season with a little soy sauce. Followed by the chicken pieces. When chicken is cooked, add in your cooked rice. Afterwards, add in your vegetables. Mix the cubed ham. Lastly, add in your pepper and salt to taste.
- On a separate non-stick pan, make round omelet. You are going to use this as casing for your omurice…you can either place it on top or folded and with your omurice as filling.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More