- 200g beef pares meat
- 200g ox tripe, boiled and cut into strips
- 2 cups sticky rice (malagkit), uncooked
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 pieces eggs, hard-boiled
- blocks of firm tofu, dredged in flour, fried and sliced
- toasted garlic, chopped
- safflower (kasubha)
- spring onions for garnishing
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. Add ox tripe and beef pares meat, pepper and fish sauce. Cook until meat is flaky. Transfer everything into a large bowl then set aside.
- In a same pan, add rice then saute for 2 minutes. Pour water then cover and simmer while stirring occasionally until the rice is cooked. Add water if necessary. Adjust seasoning according to taste then simmer for a few minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl then add hard-boiled eggs and beef. Sprinkle with safflower, toasted garlic and spring onions then serve with calamansi.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More