- ½ cup dark soy sauce
- 2 pounds boneless beef shank
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 ½ cups water
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 slices ginger
- ½ tsp Szechuan peppercorn or coriander seeds, taste
- 1- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable
- 2 star anise
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- Stir- fry garlic and ginger then add beef for a minute.
- Add dry sherry, soy sauce, water, cinnamon stick, star anise, and the peppercorn or coriander seeds.
- Bring to boil then let it simmer for 2 hours.
- Stir in sugar and let it simmer for 10 minutes then remove beef from pan.
- Thinly slice beef and serve cold on platter then garnish with cilantro.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More