- 2 lbs beef chuck
- 2-3 hot dogs slice diagonally
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 Serrano Chile, cut
- 1 lemon slice
- 2 Tbls olive or canola oil
- 2 carrots
- Boil 1 cup of water with a few chunks of the chuck beef or use beef broth as a substitute, and bring to boil. Simmer and set aside.
- Brown the meat and set aside.
- Remove any liquid from the pot and add oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic.
- Add the beef and hot dogs and mix for 2 minutes
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth (or water), soy sauce, bay leaves and Serrano chile. Bring to boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Cover and cook for 1 ½ hours or until meat is tender. Or pressure cook for 40 minutes
- Cut carrots and boil separately for 15 minutes. When meat is done, add carrots and 1 lemon slice.
- Serve warm.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More