- I pc dried drame or hijiki seasweed
- 12 oz firm tifu, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¾ cup chopped scallion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp mirin rice wine
- Pinch of red chili flakes to taste
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in ½ cup water until soft ( about 15 minutes). Slice, removing the stem. Retain mushroom soaking water
- Place tofu on paper towels to drain some of the moisture while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Rinse and soak seaweed in warm water while preparing rest of ingredients. Squeeze out excess water before adding.
- Add the mushroom water to a wok or 10 – inch skillet and bring to a boil. Add ginger, seaweed, mushrooms, scallion, mirin, and tofu, and simmer, for 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More