- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 pcs tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned pimientos (bellpepper)
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1.5kg mussels, beards removed
- Quick melting cheese to top
- parsley leaves for garnish
- cooked white rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato,pimientos, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar and wine to pan. Stir until well combined. Increase heat to high. Bring sauce to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mussels to sauce. Cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mussel shells open. Discard unopened shells.
- Ladle sauce and mussels into bowls with rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place in salamander.
- Garnish with parsley.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More