Moron is made of rice flour mixed with chocolate paste or locally called as Tableya, peanuts and brown or organic sugar. This Filipino dessert is famous during fiestas, Christmas, and New Year.
- 1/2 cup malagkit rice
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups ordinary rice
- 1/3 cup latik
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- banana leaves
- Soak overnight rice and malagkit. Grind both grains the following day.
- Soak the ground rice and malagkit in coconut milk until soft.
- Add the sugar and chocolate.
- Cook over low fire. Stir constantly until thick. Cool.
- Prepare the leaves for wrapping by heating over low fire. Brush the leaves with butter.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the mixture in every wrap. Put latik on top of each before closing.
- Tie with string and cook for half an hour in a double broiler container or a pan over a pot of boiling water.
Other Delicious Recipes
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....