- 500 grams ground pork or ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1/2 crumbs
- 1 raw egg
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce(optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce(optional)
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped(optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped(optional)
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
- 1 small carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 cup green and red bell pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, juice drained(optional)
Part 1(Skip this procedure if you are using premade meatballs from the market)
1. In a bowl, combine all the meatballs ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Scoop and form the mixture into 1 tablespoons ball shaped.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil and deep fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add carrots and bell pepper then stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add pineapple chunks and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Add tomato sauce, vinegar, water, brown sugar and a dash of salt. Mix well and let it boil.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and cook until desired thickness is reached.
6. Add fried meatballs and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
8. Serve with steamed rice.
Recipe Source: Filipino Style Recipe
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More