- ½ medium onion, sliced medium thick
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp chicken or vegetable broth broth
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, cut into about 1/2 –inch pieces with no stem
- 1 lb cod filet, cut into 1 inch pieces (use thick fillets)
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and while pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Sweet n’ Sour Sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup mirin rice wine
- 2 tbsp chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onion and mince garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients and simmer in a small saucepan over high heat for about 15 minutes. Reducing if to half the volume. Set aside. This will intensify the flavor.
- While sauce is reducing prepare rest of ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in a stainless steel wok or large skillet. Stir-fry onion in broth for 1 minute over medium high heat, stirring constant fly.
- Add garlic, ginger, and cod and continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add sweet n’ sour sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Please download the recipe here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More