- 3 medium size sweet potatoes
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- blanched almonds and raisinsalmonds
- Remove the skin of sweet potatoes and wash under running water.
- Cut into small squares. Boil the whole milk in a heavy bottomed skillet on medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes to the boiling milk and lower heat. Continue to cook until sweet potatoes are well done, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and mash potatoes until smooth.
- In a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Add blanched almonds and raisins and fry on very low heat until they turn light brown. Remove from skillet to a plate and set aside. In the same hot skillet, add brown sugar and cardamon powder, keeping heat low. Next, add mashed sweet potatoes along with condensed milk and sugar.
- Turn heat to medium, cook, stirring constantly until the consistency becomes desirably thick.
- Remove from heat. Immediately transfer the dessert to a serving bowl and let set to cool.
- Garnish with almonds and raisins. Chill in refrigerator. Serve with a dash of heavy cream on top.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More