- 1/2 pound tilapia fillets (cut into chunks)
- 1 small head bok choy (chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup daikon radish (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 red onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 dried red chile peppers or 1 long green pepper
- 1 small ginger root (optional)
- In a medium pot, add the tilapia, bok choy, tomatoes, radish, mushrooms, onions and ginger (if using).
- Stir together the tamarind paste and water, then pour into the pot. Toss in the pepper(s) if using. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through (no more than 10 minutes). Do not overcook. Otherwise the fish will fall apart.
- Serve immediately.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More