- Fresh bangus
- Sawdust (kusot na pino)
- Plastic sealer
- Measuring cup
- Chopping board
- In a basin with water, dissolve salt. Nine part water, 1 part salt. Salt solution should be enough to cover all the fish. Set aside.
- Clean the fish thoroughly.
- Split fish on the dorsal side starting from the tail to the head by running the edge of the knife along the backbone.
- Lay fish open like butterfly fillet. Remove gills and internal organs. Wash fish to remove blood and dirt.
- Remove all bones and spines.
- Marinade the fish in the salt solution for 2 minutes.
- Arrange on tray. Sun dry for 30 minutes or until the skin is already dry.
- Make a fire inside the drum. Put sawdust to make a thick smoke. Put the tray on drum and start smoking until the fish color turned golden brown. If the smoke is too much, 15 minutes is enough.
- Remove the tray from drum. Let it dry. Put in plastic bags and seal using the plastic sealer.
- Store in freezer.
Other Great Recipes
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....