What’s a Filipino home without tinolang manok being served on the table? That is right – there is no such thing. This refreshing chicken broth is a favorite for lunch or dinner all year-round. The soup dish is savory and light, made more filling with the crunch of papaya and hot pepper leaves. To cook this best-seller meal, grab your kitchen staples, chicken, and other ingredients found in the recipe. And don’t forget to save the washings when you cook the rice to go with your tinola! You’ll be needing this in your recipe. Check out the very easy recipe below or watch the video to get yourself cooking and having very delicious tinola in no time.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 pc small green papaya, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 ginger, sliced
- Hot pepper leaves
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 36 ounces rice washing
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper
- Sauté the ginger, onion & garlic.
- Put-in the chicken and cook until color turns light brown.
- Pour-in the rice washing & fish sauce. Mix well and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the green papaya wedges and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add salt, pepper, chicken broth cube & hot pepper leaves.
- Serve hot and enjoy your tinolang manok!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More