- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 head garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 kilo pork ear and cheeks, parboiled, cleaned thoroughly and diced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 750 ml water
- 6 pieces finger chili
- 1/4 kilo talbos o bulaklak ng sampaloc (young tamarind leaves or shoots, flowers)
- In a large wok, heat the cooking oil and saute garlic, onions, pork ears and cheeks, one at a time, wait until the liquid of each ingredient evaporates and the oil appears. Season with patis.
- Add the water, boil, reduce heat, cover the wok, and simmer about 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Stir the chili and sampaloc shoots, correct seasoning and simmer another 5 minutes.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More