- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup cane sugar (or substitute brown sugar)
- 2½ cups sweetened coconut, lightly toasted (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract)
- Add the coconut milk and cane sugar to a pot and warm over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds out with the dull edge of a knife. Add the seeds and bean to the coconut milk. Stir in the toasted coconut and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, place in the fridge until it is very cold.
- Process in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturers directions.
- Serve in cones or bowls and top with lightly toasted coconut.
To toast the coconut, place it in a large pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, it can burn very quickly.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More