- 1/2 cup white sugar for the caramel
- 1/8 tsp orange zest
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 egg yolks
- Boil water in the steamer.
- Caramelize 1/2 cup sugar in a small llanera or flan containers.
- Boil 1 1/2 cups sugar and water.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- In a bowl, slowly mix egg yolks and pour syrup-butter mixture, orange zest and lemon zest.
- Pour mixture into the flan containers, just enough to fill the containers.
- Place the flan containers and steam until cooked.
- When done, let the flans cool and scrape the sides of the containers
- and invert upside down.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More