- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 pieces banana leaves, round shape; about 9 inches in diameter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sticky rice flour
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 piece salted egg, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sugar
For Bibingka Toppings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cheese, cheddar cheese or Edam cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- While preheating the oven, brush butter onto the banana leaves.
- Line the pans with banana leaves.
- Beat the eggs.
- Combine the eggs with butter and coconut milk and mix everything thoroughly.
- Put rice flour, sticky rice flour, baking powder, and sugar together in bowland again mix thoroughly.
- Combine egg and rice mixtures.
- Pour mixtures equally into the pans.
- Top the mixtures with salted eggs.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When the rice cakes are already baked, brush butter onto them.
- Place the rice cakes in a broiler until they turn slightly brown at the top. This may take about two minutes.
- When done, add toppings to the rice cakes.
Recipe Source: Kerlyn Bautista
Image Source: http://www.thelovelyplanet.net/category/people/page/19/
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More