- 3 1/2 cups toasted glutinous rice flour, reserving 1/2 cup for rolling
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk (original recipe called for coconut milk)
- 1 cup agave nectar (original recipe called for 2 cups sugar!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- Heat milk in a saucepan until boiling. Add agave nectar (or sugar if that is what you’re using), vanilla extract, salt, shredded coconut and lemon zest and stir until combined.
- Slowly add toasted glutinous rice flour, stirring to avoid clumps. Reduce heat to low and continue stirring and cooking until thick and coming off the sides of the saucepan. I used a non-stick pan so mine took only 10 minutes. This part can take as long as 1 hour.
- Remove from heat. Transfer cake onto rice flour dusted work surface and let cool to room temperature.
- Divide in equal portions, rolling on the flour to form cylinders. Alternatively, you can cut using a cookie cutter instead.
- Wrap in paper or banana leaves until ready to eat.
Source : cafenilson
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More