- 1k. goto (ox tripe), cleaned, washed and sliced into strips
- 2 tbsps. Cooking oil
- 1cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 4 pcs. chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 1 thumb-size ginger, crushed
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled then cubed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 4 tbsps. Sugar
- 1 ½ tbsps. Paprika
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 tbsps. Cornstarch slurry (mix 2 ½ tbsps. cornstarch with 2 tbsps. Water).
- Palce the tripe, ginger and some water in a pot and allow to boil for an hour, ou until tripe is tender. Remove tripe from water and set aside.
- Heat oil in adeep pan and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the tomato sauce and allow to boil.
- Add the tripe and some more water. allow to boil.
- Add the carrots and the potatoes until cooked.
- Add the sugar, paprika,chorizo de bilbao, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Allow to boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Mix.
- Serve topped with diced bell pepper.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More