- 1 cup Arborio rice ( this is the Italian rice risotto is made with )
- 2 cups water
- 15 – oz can coconut milk
- 18 – oz can cubed pineapple ( retain the juice )
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup firm banana, cut into ½ – inch cubes
- Bring water with rice to a boil in medium – sized sauce or pan on high heat. Once it comes to a boil, turn heat to medium – low and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently for creaminess.
- While rice is cooking prepare rest of ingredients.
- As water is absorbed in rice add pineapple juice from can and keep cooking. When that is absorbed, add the can of coconut milk. As that gets absorbed, but while still creamy, add rest of ingredients. Heat for another 2 – 3 minutes and serve when rice is tender. It should be still juicy and creamy without being runny. This dish is good served warm or cold.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More