- 1 kilo vermicelli noodles, soaked and softened in hot water
- 400 grams dried wood ear mushrooms, re-hydrated in water
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pcs grated carrots
- 250 grams ground pork
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 250 grams shrimp in shell, peeled and defined
- 25 pieces 8-inch square frozen spring roll pastry wrappers, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Cilantro leaves
For the filling:
- Saute garlic and shallots along with carrots, pork, fish sauce.
- Add sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Put the shrimp, mushroom, cilantro and noodles.
- Let it cool before wrapping.
- Place one wrapper on a work surface.
- Cut the wrapper diagonally in half to form two triangles.
- Put two tablespoons of the filling in the middle of the wrapper.
- Dab the top corner with yolk, roll up wrapper into a long thin roll, tucked ends inside.
- Fry the rolls in batches until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- 5 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup plus one tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chilis, thinly sliced
- Mix the sugar and water together until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients.
- Serve with the spring rolls.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More