- 1 1/2 cup Mochiko Rice Flour
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 Green UN-Ripe Papaya (grated)
- 4 pcs. Longganisa Sausage Chopped (remove from its casing)
- 1/2 Chopped Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove Finely Chopped
- 6 Eggs
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
Vigan Empanada Cooking Instructions:
- 1) Mix ingredients in a bowl and knead dough lightly.
- 2) Take about a 2-3 tablespoons of dough and flatten with rolling pin.
- 3) Set aside while you make your filling. Before you make your filling preheat your deep fryer by adding the cooking oil and set aside.
- 1) In another skillet pan saute garlic and onions in oil. Add Longganisa Sausage and season with salt and pepper to desired. When sausage is cooked pu t in a bowl and mix it a little to cool it down. Wait 2-3 minutes and mix in grated papaya.
- 2) Spoon out 2-3 tablespoons of filling to flattened dough and crack a piece of fresh egg. Seal the sides and deep fry in the preheated deep fryer.
- 3) Place Empanadas in a plate topped with plenty of paper towels to blot oil. Serve in another clean platter and with sweet chili dip or garlic vinegar on the side.