- 1 1/2 cup Mochiko Rice Flour
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 Green UN-Ripe Papaya (grated)
- 4 pcs. Longganisa Sausage Chopped (remove from its casing)
- 1/2 Chopped Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove Finely Chopped
- 6 Eggs
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and knead dough lightly.
- Take about a 2-3 tablespoons of dough and flatten with rolling pin.
- Set aside while you make your filling. Before you make your filling preheat your deep fryer by adding the cooking oil and set aside.
- In another skillet pan saute garlic and onions in oil. Add Longganisa Sausage and season with salt and pepper to desired. When sausage is cooked pu t in a bowl and mix it a little to cool it down. Wait 2-3 minutes and mix in grated papaya.
- Spoon out 2-3 tablespoons of filling to flattened dough and crack a piece of fresh egg. Seal the sides and deep fry in the preheated deep fryer.
- Place Empanadas in a plate topped with plenty of paper towels to blot oil. Serve in another clean platter and with sweet chili dip or garlic vinegar on the side.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....