- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup roast pork (asado), diced
- 250 g. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 5 tbsp. oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- ½ cup peas
- 8 cups cold cooked rice
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- spring onions for garnish
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper and cornstarch.
- Heat the wok and add 1 tbsp. oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and stir-fry until they change color. Push the shrimp up to the side and add the roast pork. Stir-fry until almost done.
- Add the onion. Stir-fry until it begins to soften, then add the peas. Stir-fry until the peas turn bright green and remove from the pan.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in the wok. Add the cooked rice, stirring to separate the grains. Add food coloring if using, then beaten egg and toss.
- Add the roast pork, shrimp, onion and vegetables into the pan. Mix everything together. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if desired. Serve hot and garnish with spring onions.