Baking may not be your thing, but decorating is. So here’s one for you. Dress up that simple chiffon cake you bought with your own yema frosting for a creamy and fruity cake!
Yema cake is now a hit, especially in most parts of Laguna. Maybe you don’t know how to bake, or you do not have an oven, but you do love transforming simple cakes into eye-catching ones. Now is your chance. This recipe is about your own way of making a yema-frosted cake. Easy! Just boil your heavy condensed milk with water and mix it with your other frosting ingredients. To make your cake more colorful, add in your fruits for a fruity flavor as well. Or you may try having yema icing dripping down your cake alongside with your frosting. Now, that’s messy, but tempting I think.
Ready? Be imaginative. Be creative. Have a sweet frosting session!
- 1 pc Chiffon Cake (store bought, 8” or 9”)
- 1 can (300 ml) Condensed Milk (sweetened)
- 1½ cups Butter (or margarine)
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Cream
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract (or orange extract)
- 2 cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 can (432g) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained and chopped)
- To make the Yema Frosting: Place unopened can of condensed milk in a heavy saucepan. Fill the pan with enough water to cover the can.
- Bring the water to a boil and simmer for about 3 hours, adding more if needed.
- Remove can from the pan. Allow to cool before opening.
- Beat the butter for about 3 minutes. Add in the cream, extract, confectioner’s sugar, and the prepared yema frosting. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in half of the DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Frost the cake. Top with remaining fruits.
- Makes 12 servings
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Sauce Pan
- Chef’s Knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Lusog Notes: This dessert is high in thiamine, which keeps the nerves and muscles functioning properly.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More