5-Meat Giant Pizza Recipe By Chef Boy Logro
- For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pc. onion, finely chopped
- 1 pc. garlic clove, crushed
- 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- For pizza base:
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. fast-rising yeast
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- For topping:
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced into rings
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 5 oz. Mozarella cheese, sliced
- ½ cup Pepperoni sausage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup ham
- ½ cup ground meat
- ½ cup bacon
- ½ cup sausage
- 8 black olives, pitted
- 3 pcs. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a pan and then add the onion and
- garlic. Fry gently for about 6-7 minutes, until softened. Add the tomatoes and stir in the tomato paste. Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes, until reduced slightly. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- For the pizza base, lightly grease a 12-in. (?) round pizza tray. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Sprinkle over the fast-rising yeast and make a well in the center. Pour in about ¾ cup warm water and the olive oil, and then mix to a soft dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for about
- -10 minutes, until smooth. Roll out to a 10in round, making the edges
- slightly thicker than the center. Lift the dough on to the pizza tray.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough and then top with the
- peppers. Mozzarella, pepperoni sausage, ham, ground meat, bacon, sausage, black olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle over the oregano and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover loosely and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes, until slightly risen. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and serve hot straight from the tray.