Studies show that one-teaspoon of cardamom powder a day results to a significant reduction of blood pressure after several weeks. Combined with ginger and cinnamon, which improve blood circulation, your ginger-cardamom tea will definitely help ease your hypertension. While the studies conducted cannot pinpoint yet what exactly in cardamom helps ease hypertension.
What to prepare:
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2-3 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder OR 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons black tea or 1 teabag
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mortar and pestle
- Using the mortar and pestle, crush the cardamom pods to release the oil-there’s no need to grind them finely.
- In a saucepan combine all the ingredients except for the honey.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 6-9 minutes until you get a rich caramel brown color.
- Stir in honey and then strain into a mug and enjoy!
- Drink 1-2 times daily.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More