Studies show that one-teaspoon of cardamom powder a day results to a significant reduction of blood pressure after several weeks. Combined with ginger and cinnamon, which improve blood circulation, your ginger-cardamom tea will definitely help ease your hypertension. While the studies conducted cannot pinpoint yet what exactly in cardamom helps ease hypertension.
What to prepare:
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2-3 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder OR 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons black tea or 1 teabag
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mortar and pestle
- Using the mortar and pestle, crush the cardamom pods to release the oil-there’s no need to grind them finely.
- In a saucepan combine all the ingredients except for the honey.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 6-9 minutes until you get a rich caramel brown color.
- Stir in honey and then strain into a mug and enjoy!
- Drink 1-2 times daily.