ABC Sandwich Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup minced scallions
- 2 tbsp brandy
- ¼ tsp coarsely – ground black pepper
- 18 slices toasted whole – wheat bread
- Leaf lettuce
- 12 ounces crab meat picked over well to remove any shells
- Tomato slices
- 12 slices slab bacon cut in half, cooked crisp and drained
- 2 avocados sliced
- In a small, combine the mayonnaise, scallion and brandy, mixing well. For each sandwich, spread three pieces of bread with a portion of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Cover the first slice of bread with lettuce leaves, 2 ounces of crab meat, and one or two tomato slices. Add the second slice of bread, and top with the four half – slices of bacon, a layer of avocado slices, another tomato slice or two, and more lettuce.
- Cover with the third slice of bread, secure the sandwich with wooden pick, If you like, and slice it in half. Serve the sandwiches immediately.