Shrimp and prawn are two most important types of seafood consumed worldwide, and probably the most favorite ones. Though belonging to different suborders, they are very similar in appearance and in commercial farming and fisheries, and the terms are often used interchangeably. Trivia. In the United Kingdom, the word “prawn” is more common on menus than “shrimp”; while the opposite is the case in North America.
Shrimp is often avoided by those who want to minimize their dietary intake of cholesterol. Nevertheless, shrimp will still be on the top of the craving’s list of those who do not mind having another gram of cholesterol added into their system (I’m one of them!).
Despite the cholesterol, shrimps are a unique source of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrient called astaxanthin. Yey! Guilt-free again. A number of preparation can be done on shrimps, which usually starts with the shell removal. Here, find a simple adobo recipe that will surely take out the flavor from these crustaceans. As easy as one-two-three, you can find yourself indulging into a hearty meal just by following the instructions below.
Now, let’s do this! Oops, shrimp is a common food allergen. Make sure you don’t have such allergy, or just bring your antihistamine out. Happy eating!
Adobong Hipon Recipe
- 2 lb. shrimps/prawns
- soy sauce
- garlic, crushed
- Peel the shrimps, leaving tails and heads intact.
- Marinate in vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns, salt and garlic mixture.
- Heat oil, and when it is hot, add the shrimps along with the marinade.
- Stir-fry and cook until shimps are cooked.
Other Adobo Recipes you may like:
- Adobong Manok Sa Gata Recipe
- Ginataang Adobo Recipe
- Pork Adobo Recipe
- Adobong Manok or (Chicken Adobo) Recipe
- Adobong Puti (White Chicken Adobo)
- Pork Adobo Flakes Recipe
- How to cook delicious & easy Adobong Tarlac
- Pork Pata Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
- Classic Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Adobong Mani Recipe
- Ginataan Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Fillet Mignon Steak in Adobo Sauce Recipe
- Garlic Fried Rice with Twice Cooked Chicken and Pork Adobo Recipe
- Chicken, Pork and Beef Adobo with Atcharang Papaya Recipe
- Adobong Tahong sa Gata Recipe
- Adobong Bulalo Recipe
- Adobong Sitaw with Lechon Carajay Recipe
- Kare-Kare, Adobo at Kilawing Papaya Recipe
- Adobong Pula Recipe
- Adobong Pork Isaw Recipe
- Adobo Baby Back Ribs with Ginger Rice and Mango Salsa Recipe
- Halaan Adobo Recipe
- Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo Recipe
- Pork Adobo With Ampalaya Recipe
- Adobong Tarlac Recipe
- Inadobo Nga Paltat Recipe
- Kiddie Adobo With Kalabasa & Malunggay Croquettes Recipe
- Beef Adobo Recipe
- Adobong Pusit Sa Gata Recipe
- Adobo Sa Dilaw Recipe
- Adobong Lechon Recipe
- Crispy Pork Adobo Flakes Recipe
- Grilled Pork and Liver Stuffed Squid with Adobong Recipe
- Adobong Bangus Recipe
- Adobong Camaro Recipe
- Adobong Bulalo Recipe
- Adobo Pampango De Logro Recipe By Chef Boy Logro
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More