Sometimes known as the “unofficial national dish” in the Philippines, adobo is both a popular course and a cooking process in the Philippines. This classic Filipino dish obtained its name from its cooking process that involved stewing with vinegar. Initially, adobo was employed as a method of preservation, but in time, it became a primary method of flavouring food before cooking. The term adobo may come from the Spanish word for seasoning or marinade, but this recipe is truly indigenous.
Typically, adobo uses pork or chicken, or a combination of both, which is slowly cooked in vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaves, black peppercorns, and soy sauce. However, the dish varies in almost every province in the Philippines; each place has its own version. Almost every ingredient can change according to personal preferences, but vinegar is always its basic component. One variety is that without soy sauce, called “adobong puti”. Instead of soy sauce, salt or other seasoning such as patis is being used to adjust the taste. Another regional variation cooks adobo with coconut milk and is known as “adobo sa gata”. Here, we give you the Tarlaqueño way of cooking this traditional cuisine. Enjoy!
Adobong Tarlac Recipe
- 1 k. pork piqué
- 1 k. chicken
- ½ liter pineapple juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsps. Black pepper
- 1 cup sliced pineapple
- 1 head garlic chopped
- 3 onions chopped
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 laurel leaf
- Marinate the pork and chicken pieces in pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, laurel leaf and pepper for 2 hours.
- Remove the pork and chicken and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the marinated pork and chicken along with the marinade. Allow to simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve topped with pineapple slices.
Other Adobo Recipes you may like:
- Adobong Manok Sa Gata Recipe
- Ginataang Adobo Recipe
- Pork Adobo Recipe
- Adobong Manok or (Chicken Adobo) Recipe
- Adobong Puti (White Chicken Adobo)
- Pork Adobo Flakes Recipe
- Pork Pata Adobo Sa Gata Recipe
- Classic Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Adobong Mani Recipe
- Adobong Hipon Recipe
- Ginataan Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Fillet Mignon Steak in Adobo Sauce Recipe
- Garlic Fried Rice with Twice Cooked Chicken and Pork Adobo Recipe
- Chicken, Pork and Beef Adobo with Atcharang Papaya Recipe
- Adobong Tahong sa Gata Recipe
- Adobong Bulalo Recipe
- Adobong Sitaw with Lechon Carajay Recipe
- Kare-Kare, Adobo at Kilawing Papaya Recipe
- Adobong Pula Recipe
- Adobong Pork Isaw Recipe
- Adobo Baby Back Ribs with Ginger Rice and Mango Salsa Recipe
- Halaan Adobo Recipe
- Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo Recipe
- Pork Adobo With Ampalaya Recipe
- Inadobo Nga Paltat Recipe
- Kiddie Adobo With Kalabasa & Malunggay Croquettes Recipe
- Beef Adobo Recipe
- Adobong Pusit Sa Gata Recipe
- Adobo Sa Dilaw Recipe
- Adobong Lechon Recipe
- Crispy Pork Adobo Flakes Recipe
- Grilled Pork and Liver Stuffed Squid with Adobong Recipe
- Adobong Bangus Recipe
- Adobong Camaro Recipe
- Adobong Bulalo Recipe
- Adobo Pampango De Logro Recipe By Chef Boy Logro