Aglio E Olio Pasta Recipe
- 250 grams spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup minced parsley
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp salt
- Salt for pasta water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add two tablespoons of salt, cook noodles according to package directions. Set aside 1 ½ cups of the pasta cooking water before draining the pasta.
- On a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes, stir until it just begins to turn golden on the edges.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the cooked pasta to the oil mixture and add one teaspoon of salt.
- If the mixture is a bit dry, add the pasta water.
- To plate, add the parsley and Parmesan then toss.
- Season according to taste.
- Serve warm with extra Parmesan on the side.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More